Stay “in the know on where to go”™ with InTown!
March 01, 2016
March 01, 2016
Register for A Booth Today! North Charleston Business Expo
March 01, 2016
February 10, 2016
When it comes to dating your spouse or significant other, it's easy to get stuck in the same routine of dinner, dinner and a movie, or dinner and drinks. Charleston has so many amazing award-winning restaurants that sometimes it can be hard to think outside of the dinner date box. We put together this list of 125+ date ideas to get you out of your rut and put the fun back into your dates!
For the Animal and Nature Lovers
- Get up close with sea creatures at the South Carolina Aquarium
- Go geocaching, bird watching, biking or hiking at Charles Towne Landing
- Explore the area's creeks on a stand up paddle board or kayak with Coastal Expeditions
- Take a “Meet the Breeds" guided tour at the Stable Yards at Middleton Place
- Grab your rod and reel and go fishing at a local pier or creek.
- Take a stroll on the Pitt Street Bridge, along Waterfront Park downtown, or in one of Charleston's many beautiful parks.
- Visit the beautiful Angel Oak Tree
For the Art Aficionados
- Stroll in and out of galleries at the French Quarter Art Walk
- Immerse yourself in culture at the Gibbes Museum of Art
- BYOB to Wine & Design, Fear No Easel, or The Art Place Studio
- Take an art class at The Artist's Loft School or a pottery class at Fire and Earth
- Make your own candle at Candlefish
- Visit an art gallery in one of the downtown art districts
For the Festival Fans
- Lowcountry Oyster Festival
- Southeastern Wildlife Exposition
- Charleston Fashion Week
- Lowcountry Cajun Festival
- Volvo Car Open on Daniel Island
- Festival of Houses and Gardens
- Spoleto Festival
- The Greater Charleston Lowcountry Jazz Festival
- Charleston Restaurant Week
- Taste of Charleston
- Holiday Festival of Lights James Island
- Wine Under the Oaks Boone Hall
For the Thrill Seekers
- Cheer your partner on and tackle obstacles together at Wild Blue Ropes
- Challenge your team work and problem solving skills by trying to escape at Break Out Charlestonor Escape in 60
- Visit the range for some target practice (Boggy Head Rifle Range, ATP)
- Looking for an adrenaline rush? Go skydiving! (Skydiving Charleston, Sky Dive Charleston)
- Explore Charleston's haunted side with a dungeon, cemetery, or ghost walking tour
- Run or walk the Ravenel Bridge and stop at the top for a picnic
- Train for a 5K, 10K, Mud Run, or Color Run!
For the Foodies
- Take a cooking class at Charleston Cooks, Southern Season, or Coastal Cupboard
- Head to the Farmers Market to try out some local goodies
- Use this interactive map to find some of the area's best food trucks!
- Enjoy food or drinks on one of the area's many rooftop bars or patios.
- Attend a Charleston Food and Wine Festival event
For the History Buffs
- Dive into the history of the Lowcountry at the Charleston Museum
- Visit one of the beautiful historic plantations like Boone Hall, Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, orDrayton Hall
- Take a tour of the historic Nathaniel Russell House, Aiken-Rhett House, or Calhoun Mansion
- Take a carriage tour around town
- Go shopping in the Charleston City Market
- Tour the USS Yorktown, Fort Sumter, or the Hunley
For the Hopeless Romantics
- Take a shag or ballroom dancing class
- Book a couples massage at Woodhouse Day Spas
- Take a private carriage ride around town
- Take relaxing walk on the beach and enjoy the sunset
For the Kids at Heart
- Bounce and play at Adult Game Night at Sky Zone
- Mini golf, practice your swing in the batting cages, and ride on the go carts at Blackbeard's Cove
- Challenge your partner to a game of bowling at The Alley or Pinz
- Ride go carts and play laser tag at Charleston Rush
- Spend a night ice skating at Carolina Ice Palace
For the Adult Beverage Lover
For the Movie Fanatic
- Grab dinner, drinks, and a movie at Cinebarre
- Experience a movie in IMAX at the Citadel Mall
- Enjoy an independent film at the Terrace Theater
- Save the Date for the Charleston International Film Festival
For the Music Lovers
- Catch a concert at the Music Farm, Charleston Music Hall, or the North Charleston Coliseum
- Sing along at Fill Piano Bar
- Attend a show at the Spoleto Festival
- Listen to live music at the Charleston Pour House
- See one of the Charleston Symphony Orchestra's fanstastic concerts
For the Staycationers
For the Sports Fanatics
- Enjoy America's favorite past time at a Riverdogs game
- Cheer on the Battery – Charleston's professional soccer team
- Join an intramural sports league
- Catch a Stingrays hockey game
- Watch a tennis match at the Volvo Car Open
- Play a round of golf at one of Charleston's beautiful golf courses
- Cheer for the Cougars at a College of Charleston game, for the Bulldogs at Citadel game, or the Bucs of Charleston Southern
For the Theater Enthusiasts
- Charleston Stage Company at the Dock Street Theater
- The Footlight Players
- South of Broadway
- Holy City Shakespeare
- College of Charleston Department of Theater and Dance
- Theater 99 (Comedy Show)
- The Black Fedora Comedy Mystery Theater
- Threshold Repertory Theater
For the Couple with a Sweet Tooth
- Cupcake DownSouth
- Kaminsky's Baking Company
- Gala Desserts
- King Street Cookies
- Glazed Doughnuts
- Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream
- Luckhaus & Brubaker
- Republic Ice Cream
- Belgian Gelato
What's your favorite Charleston date night spot?
February 09, 2016
Come take a walk on the Wild Side and hang out at The Alley to celebrate the Southeastern Wildlife Expo. We are bringing out the big guns when it come to fun the weekend of February 11th-14th with the legendary Big Buck Hunter video game. The person with the highest score at the end of the weekend will win a $100 Alley Gift Card.
While you're waiting for your shot at Buck Hunter, you can enjoy the eats off our Wildlife Weekend Menu, served Thursday- Sunday Tastings include:
• AlleyGator Bites - Buttermilk marinated Alligator tail in a light batter...served with Alley Sauce.
• Duck Meatloaf Sandwich - Confit Duck meatloaf with Alley BBQ sauce and homemade pickles on a Browns Court Bakery Bun.
• Oysters Rockefeller Deviled Eggs - Deviled Eggs filled with Spinach, Parmesan Cheese, and Bacon topped with a fried oyster with a lemon butter drizzle.
February 08, 2016
February 08, 2016
February 08, 2016
Family Friendly Events 2/8-2/14
January 26, 2016
**Tickets & Exhibitor spots, ON SALE NOW!
The Center for Women's 2016 conference theme “Passion. Power. Purpose" will be the best one yet! With 9 tracks geared towards individuals who are either climbing the career ladder, entrepreneurs & small business owners and those who seek more personal fulfillment, there's something for everyone seeking growth in an area..
We kickoff the event with a Networking Event & Welcome Reception on Thursday, February 18, 2016 to include drinks, appetizers, facilitated networking & keynote speaker, Jane Perdue presenting “Five Life, Love and Leadership Lessons."
Location: Holiday Inn Charleston-Mt Pleasant. *There will be discount room rates for out of town guests.
Following that event, the all-day Conference will be Friday, February 19, 2016 at The College Center at the Complex for Economic Development at Trident Technical College, in North Charleston.