North Charleston City Gallery Monthly Exhibitions
View exhibitions by international, national, and local artists in a variety of subjects and mediums!
The North Charleston City Gallery, situated in two corridors of the northwest corner of the Charleston Area Convention Center,features two-dimensional works by international, national, and local artists in a variety of subjects and mediums. Exhibits are rotated on a monthly basis and may feature two or more artists concurrently each month. In addition to monthly exhibits, the gallery hosts a display of prints, note cards, jewelry, and gift items by local artists, which are available for sale.
The public is welcome to view exhibitions from 9:00am-5:00pm, daily. Parking and admission are free. Gallery staff is on hand to provide information and manage sales on Tuesdays from Noon-5:00pm, Wednesdays from 11:00am-5:00pm, Thursdays, from 11:00am-7:30pm, and Fridays from 11:00am-5:00pm. Receptions, hosted by the featured artist(s), are generally held on the first Thursday of each month from 5:00-700pm, and are free and open to the public. For more information, contact the North Charleston Cultural Arts Department at (843) 740-5854.
Individual artists and groups are welcome to submit an application to exhibit original, 2-D works in the North Charleston City Gallery. Exhibitions are programmed according to fiscal year. Artists interested in exhibiting in the gallery for fiscal year July 2018-June 2019 should submit an application by the deadline of November 30, 2017. Applications are available through SlideRoom (beginning September 1, 2017).
2017/18 EXHIBITION SCHEDULE
2017/18 Exhibition Schedule
- JULY - Evie Zimmer (oil on canvas) & Christopher Dotson (oil /watercolor on ragpaper)
- AUGUST - George Gregory (mixed media) & Richard Austin (oil on canvas)
- SEPTEMBER - Pastel Society of South Carolina (group show - pastel)
- OCTOBER - Sharon Robinson (mixed media) & Bradley Carroll (oil/acrylic on canvas)
- NOVEMBER - Penny Beesley (acrylic, charcoal, and pastel on canvas/paper)
- DECEMBER - Patrick Nevins (oil on wood) & North Charleston Artist-in-Residence (TBD)
- JANUARY - Patrick Nevins (oil on wood) & North Charleston Artist-in-Residence (TBD)
- FEBRUARY - Goose Creek Artists Guild Annual Judged Show (group show – various media)
- MARCH - Summerville Artist Guild Annual Judged Show (group show – various media)
- APRIL - SC Watermedia Society Annual Juried Show (on loan from SC State Museum)
- MAY - 2018 North Charleston Arts Fest Design Competition Winner (TBD)
- JUNE - Michael Hayes (oil on canvas) & Jonathan Rice (acrylic on canvas)