DAILY HEALTHY RECIPE COLD CUCUMBER AND DILL SOUP
Be sure to FOLLOW ME daily for new Recipe of the Day complete with illustration and easy step by step directions
Cold Cucumber and dill soup
* 2 large English cucumbers (2 1/4 pounds), halfed and seeded. Pure
* 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
* 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 small shallot, chopped
* 1 garlic clove
* 1/3 cup loosely packed dill
* 1/4 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
* 2 tablespoons loosely packed tarragon leaves
* 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
* Fresh ground white pepper
* 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
* In a blender, combine the chopped cucumber with the yogurt, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, dill, parsley, tarragon and the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and white pepper, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
* Season the soup again just before serving. Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with the finely diced cucumber, red onion and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
Demal Mattson is a gourmet, all occasion chef who creates elegant and memorable meals using only the freshest local ingredients with international culinary influences.
Call and book now to receive 25% discount with mention of InTown. Www.chefdemal.com